Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a prescription alternative to conventional hormone replacement therapy (conjugated estrogens, medroxyprogesterone, etc.). Bioidentical medications are plant-derived, and chemically changed in a laboratory until they are identical to what your body would naturally produce. Bioidentical therapy is customizable; in other words, it can be adjusted to fit your needs, unlike conventional hormone replacement, which has a few standard dosage strengths?
What are the goals of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Alleviate symptoms caused by the natural decrease in hormone production in the body
Re-establish the individual’s hormonal balance
Provide protective benefits that were originally provided by the body’s naturally occurring hormones
What are the benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Osteoporosis prevention and restoration of bone strength
- Protection against heart disease and stroke
- Reduced hot flashes and reduced vaginal dryness
- Muscle mass and strength are better maintained
- Improvement in cholesterol levels
- Reduced risk of depression
- Reduced risk of breast and endometrial cancer
- Improved libido
- Prevention of senility and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Improved sleep
- Better mood, concentration, and memory
- Far fewer side effects than synthetic hormones